Here at RS Connect we are a nationwide auto electrical installation company, who offer a full supply and installation service whether it be telematics, cameras or any other aftermarket vehicle product. As an Auto Electrician/ Installation Engineer with RS Connect you will have the opportunity to work on many different vehicle types ranging from domestic cars, fleet vehicles, light commercials all the way up to heavy goods vehicles and everything in between. Whilst working alongside some of the best engineers in the business.
JOB TITLE: Installation Engineer
As an installation engineer you are the beating heart of our business and the face of not only RS Connect but also our clients. You will be responsible for a consistent day to day delivery of high-quality installations of ancillary equipment ranging from basic level telematic installations to higher level work such as vehicle CCTV and beyond, whilst upholding exemplary customer service standards and acting as an ambassador for the RS Connect brand at all times during your working day. Engineers must be capable of working alongside and integrating into a team of directly employed engineers headed by an area manager. Promoting safe driving and setting an example to other vehicle users whilst on the road is expected and is monitored on a daily basis to make sure standards are upheld.
- Field based with extensive UK travel could be required.
- Key Internal relationships: Area Manager, Regional Manager, Call Centre Team, Warehouse Team, Apprentice
- Key external relationships: Customers, Business Partners.
- You will have good knowledge of Installing aftermarket equipment to ensure that it is safe, reliable and efficient.
- Good working knowledge of Telematics and other ancillary equipment
- Proficient in Using a laptop/iPad to report and capture document and installation data.
- The ability to Identify the root cause of complaints at banded levels, reporting back to your line Manager/customer service, dependent on capability.
- Mentoring apprentices. (desirable)
- NPPV security clearance/ DBS check (Desirable)
- Able to work within a team of Engineers to maintain and improve productivity and efficiency.
- Ensure adherence of Health and Safety policies and procedures and requirements in line with best practice.
- To be the face of RS Connect and first port of call for customers
- To live, promote and encourage company values and ethos throughout all that you do within your working day.
- Delegates – Potential Apprentice. Managing, supervising, mentoring, and coaching by passing on technical expertise, knowledge and skills, customer service development along with supporting the individuals career advancement.
- Must have exceptional organisation skills as responsible for holding and maintaining company equipment, including stock, consumables and company vehicle.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Up to date knowledge of Auto Electrical installations and current industry standards
- Auto Electrical/Light vehicle qualification (desirable) although transferable skills will be taken into consideration.
- Skills in a field based customer service environment
- Proficient level in the use of Microsoft office package
- Electric/Hybrid vehicle qualification (desirable but not expected)
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of industry regulations (desirable)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office (desirable)
- Competent in the use of mobile tablet, laptop and other equipment
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£35,000.00 per year