We have subsequently evaluated our internal and customer-facing processes and made a substantial investment in personal protective equipment to allow a proportion of our mobile workforce to return to full-time employment.
These new measures will allow RS Connect employees to comply with social distancing requirements while supporting the current needs of our customers. Most importantly our new customer process will limit the risk of spreading the virus to our employees and customers.
All engineers have been supplied with sufficient protective equipment to enable them to return to work. All equipment has been sourced through high-quality UK manufacturers and includes gloves, face masks, antibacterial spray, disinfectant hand rub and hand-washing facilities in every van.
Engineers showing any symptoms of coronavirus or, who live with somebody displaying symptoms, will be asked to self-isolate immediately.
There will be a strict limit of one person per vehicle at all times. Any engineers who would normally share a van for training or mentoring purposes will be working alone until further notice.
Engineers will keep a 2-meter distance from customers at all times. Please respect the engineer’s personal space and keep your distance.
- Your engineer will call you when they are on the way to your chosen install address. Please have your keys ready and remove any additional keyrings or fobs.
- On arrival your engineer will call you again, will show you their ID and will ask you to place your keys in a safe place for them to retrieve – such as on your doorstep. Please wait until you can see the engineer and do not leave your keys unattended.
- Your engineer will collect your keys wearing disposable gloves and will spray them with an antibacterial solution.
- Please keep at least a 2-meter distance from the engineer at all times. If there are any issues during the course of the installation your engineer can call and notify you.
- Your engineer will now begin the installation of your device, wiping down the area being worked on before and after the installation with an antibacterial spray.
- Once the installation is complete your engineer will spray your keys with an antibacterial solution and return them to your safe place.
- The engineer will confirm your full name on completion of the installation and will print and time stamp this on the job sheet in place of the usual customer signature.
If you have any further questions or concerns you can get in touch with a member of our team by emailing email@example.com.
Please include your name and vehicle registration number so we can deal with your enquiry efficiently.